Goossens Paris House
Founded in 1950 by Robert Goossens, the Goossens house is presently directed by his son, Patrick. From a young age, Robert Goossens is an apprentice in metalwork alongside his father. His first steps as an apprentice lead him to the workshops of the great Parisian silversmiths and jewelers where he learns the art of jewelry in all its forms.
Gabrielle Chanel, who meets him for the first time in 1953, quickly makes him one of her regular suppliers, seduced by his capacity to reinterpret jewelry inspired by Antiquity, Byzantium and Egypt. She pushes him to play on the ambiguity between the real and the fake and especially to further push the limits of his imagination.
Goossens’ reputation spreads like a golden trail: Balenciaga, Grès, Rochas, then Yves Saint-Laurent order totally surrealist jewelry and avant-garde accessories. Then Guerlain, Marc Bohan for Dior, Jean-Louis Scherrer, Sonia Rykiel in turn claim jewelry and perfume bottles.
Patrick’s, the son of the founder’s, mission is from now on to perpetuate Goossens’ know-how and reputation. On his side, his sister Martine creates the exclusive jewelry for the line that was created in 1972. In the Goossens showroom boutique on George V Avenue in Paris, exceptional gilded or silvery bronze pieces inlaid with hard stones, rock crystal and cultured pearls illustrate their well preserved know-how and world renowned mastery. The Goossens workshops joined the Chanel house in 2005.